Media Diet: An experiment in research
- Auto (=self) ethnography (=detailed study of the cultures of everyday life).
- Refrain from using digital media (phones, computers/pods/pads, TV, radio, etc.) for 24 hrs, or, if too much, as long as you can.
- Choose a date that you think can work for you (i.e., you will not miss something essential).
- Make notes by hand.
- Based on your notes, write up a short summary of 2-3 paragraphs, by hand.
- Bring to class. (Don’t forget to include your name.)
- Due on 2/9. (If you can’t make it submit to my mailbox before class time, or ask a colleague to bring your assignment to class.)